Strategic Workforce Planning for Bastrop County
About this Event
We would like to invite you to join us for a roundtable discussion about workforce development in Bastrop County. The discussion will inform the planning process that we are currently undertaking to develop a set of strategic plans to guide our work in each of the counties that we serve.
Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area (WSRCA) has engaged TIP Strategies to lead the strategic planning process. They will be supported by WSRCA staff and designated committees of key stakeholders and community leaders. During this process, the project team will develop county-specific strategic plans and a regional plan that will set forth specific goals to strengthen our workforce delivery system in alignment with our labor market needs.
The roundtable discussions in your county will be held at the location and time below:
Friday, May 29th
9:30 am – 11:30 am
Some of the discussion topics are the following:
1. What are the opportunities to strengthen the Countys workforce and talent pipeline?
2. Are there efforts underway to realize these opportunities?
3. What are the biggest workforce challenges facing employers in the county?
4. Are employers facing significant hiring difficulty? If so, what are the positions that are hardest to fill?
5. What are employers doing to address their challenges?
6. What tools are available to help with these challenges facing employers?
7. What are the significant barriers to meeting employers workforce needs?
8. How can WSRCA better serve employers?
9. What are the biggest challenges facing jobseekers in the county?
10. What are the significant barriers to connecting jobseekers to training and careers?
11. What organizations are working to address these challenges and barriers?
12. What tools are available to help with these challenges facing jobseekers?
13. How can WSRCA better serve jobseekers?
14. Are school districts facing challenges with school readiness in the k-5 grades?
15. What are school districts doing to address this challenge?
16. What tools are available to help parents and school districts with addressing school readiness?
17. How can WSRCA better serve parents, child care providers and school districts?