Become a Courage Catalyst through the exploration of Dr. Bren Brown’s empirically based courage-building program!
About this Event
Based on the research of Dr. Bren Brown, Dare to Lead is an empirically based courage-building program.
Bren is a globally acclaimed research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation Bren Brown Endowed Chair atThe Graduate College of Social Work. She is the author of five #1New York Timesbestsellers:The Gifts of Imperfection,Daring Greatly,Rising Strong,Braving the Wilderness, andDare to Lead, which also debuted at #1 onThe Wall Street JournalandPublishers Weeklylists.
Brenhas spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership. The most significant finding from her latest research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. The Dare to Lead program focuses on developing these courage-building skills to help individuals, teams, and organizations move from armored leadership to daring leadership.
Individuals who successfully complete the 16 hour virtual Dare to LeadProgram will receive a Certificate of Completion and are able to put a ‘Dare to Lead Trained’ badge on their LinkedIn account.
Given the uncertainty, restrictions and volatility of the situation around the world, Bren Brown has sanctioned all Dare to Lead Programs globally, to be facilitated virtually for the foreseeable future.
The virtual format will be as follows:
- 2.5 hours of pre heart-work (reading, resources, videos & activity sheets)
- 4 x 3 hour Webinars (facilitated over Zoom)
- 1.5 hour bonus integration session (held 2 weeks after training)
In this experiential, insightful and truly memorable virtual Training, you will explore:
MODULE 1 (Friday 24 July, 9am – 12pm AEST):
- The Heart of Daring Leadership; defining leadership & the 4 courage skills
- Rumbling with Vulnerability
- Defining Shame – building shame resilience
MODULE 2 (Friday 24 July, 2pm – 5pm AEST):
- Empathy – misses & skills practice
- Armoured vs Daring Leadership
MODULE 3 (Saturday 25 July, 9am – 12pm AEST):
- Grounded Confidence and Rumbling Skills
- Living into our Values
- Braving Trust
MODULE 4 (Saturday 25 July, 2pm – 5pm AEST):
- Navigating Courageous Conversations
- Learning to Rise; the Rising Strong Process
- The Revolution and closing