Bush Kindy Leader Course for those wishing to implement nature programs in outdoor settings.
The 3 day Bush Kindy Leader Course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to set up and lead a Nature Program – Bush/Beach Kindergarten/Forest School in Early Childhood & OSHC services.
Based on Forest School Leader model, Level 3. The course is based on research and principles from international education models in nature pedagogy and explores practice that is contextualised to the unique Australian bush and coastal landscape.
The course is delivered by experienced, qualified trainers with extensive knowledge and expertise in Bush Kindy programs in Australia.
The training content is mapped to the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place and will provide educators with the theoretical and practical knowledge and skills for programs venturing out of their service into the community. It includes resources to support the service implementation. This training includes content from the 1-day workshop; Learning in and with Nature, focusing on Nature Pedagogy – inquiry based learning through child led play in and with nature. As well as in-depth information to develop Nature Programs including practical Educator Skill sets; Risky Play trees and water, Fire as a Learning Experience, Ropes are a creative Learning Resource and Using Real Tools Safely. The course will explore the requirements of legislation, policies, procedures, risk assessments and how to meet these. It will explore curriculum possibilities including; Embedding Indigenous perspectives, sustainability, environmental education, and community connections. Participant learning outcomes are listed on https://natureplayqld.org.au/professional-development/bush-kindy-leader-course.
This course includes a visit to a Bush Kindy in action at Clearview Early Learning Centre & Kindergarten – a service that has been delivering excellence in Bush Kindy programs over a long established period with experienced leaders. To allow for this session, we will start the Thursday course day at 8.30am. We will transport participants by bus to the centre (leaving at 7.45) and back to Minjungbal Centre.
This is a very special venue with lots to offer and we are excited to be exploring and learning in this paradise of natural forest and mangroves, and learning about the cultural significance of flora and fauna on the walking track.
The course is a combination of indoor and outdoor components and for this reason, we ask participants to be prepared with appropriate wet weather gear for practical activities in the course and the Bush Kindy visit.
Lunch, afternoon tea and tea/coffee provided for the 3 day course.
Printed course materials and digital resources provided.
We ask that each participant complete the Registration form personally as it asks specific questions about training, knowledge, medical and dietary requirements that an Employee would be unable to complete. Each participant can pay for workshop via credit card or request an invoice to be sent to their organisation.
Workshop Cancellation Policy
Workshop numbers are kept small to maximise quality and positive experiences. There is a maximum and minimum number of students per class. Book early to secure your place. If the minimum number of students is not achieved within 1 week of the workshop date, the workshop may be cancelled.
Cancellations by workshop attendees:
- Cancellations made 2 or more weeks prior to a booked workshop date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made less than 2 weeks of a booked workshop date will receive a refund, less administrative fee.
- Cancellations made less than 1 week of a booked workshop date will not receive a refund.
- Each case will be considered on individual merit and evidence. Please submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where possible, every effort is made to fill spots with an attendee on the workshop wait lists. If this is possible, Nature Play QLD may then refund your workshop fee or keep your workshop fee in credit for up to 12 months so you can attend a future workshop.
- Evidence may be requested to support refund applications.
Cancellations by Nature Play QLD:
- A workshop may be cancelled by Nature Play QLD due to insufficient student numbers or unforeseen circumstances (e.g., illness or global pandemic*). In this event, you will be offered a full refund or option to reschedule.
*In the event that government restrictions force the cancellation or postponement of workshops, attendees will be offered the option of a refund, or their fees held in credit for when workshops are able to resume again.