This is a FREE event, NO TICKETS/REGISTRATIONS required.
Hacky Hour is a weekly drop-in session where researchers can congregate to work on their research problems related to compute, code, data, or digital tools in a social environment.
There will be knowledgeable folk from the eResearch team there who can help you with your questions.
Why should I come to Hacky Hour?
- You want someone to show you the basics in programming language such asR, Python, etc.
- You need access to high-performance computing (HPC) facilities.
- You recently attended anIntersect training courseand want to get some more help using the tools.
- You need consultation on appropriate computing infrastructure for your research.
- Your honours student is pestering you to use you useversion controland you want some help getting started.
- You need a quick drink while you wait for your scripts to finish running…
- Or you just want to hack away at your data-crunching scripts in some good company.