Feel more confident and empowered to stand up for yourself and others with KYUP! Project.
Award-winning martial artist, Mel Thomas will share personal safety tips and simple self-defense techniques any teen can use, no matter their size or skill level. Using relatable examples of real-life scenarios – such as public transport, public places, and parties this fun, safe, hands-on workshop focuses on setting boundaries and responding to conflict.
Participants learn to:
- Replace fear with confidence
- Trust their instincts and make smart choices
- Use the power of their voice to defuse dangerous situations
- Get away from a situation that doesn’t feel right
- Fight back when needed
- Break the cycle of violence