The online workshop will:
- be delivered by experienced consumer advocates with disability
- build the capacity of board personnel to run inclusive meetings with people with cognitive disabilities (acquired brain injury, intellectual disability or complex communication needs)
- give you access to resources and guidance to support board members, chairs and secretariat staff.
Who is this training for?
The workshop is for staff including Secretariats and Chairs, responsible for engaging consumer representatives and appointing and supporting public sector board members in fulfilling their role.
- build an understanding of why inclusive practice is important
- identify barriers to participation for people with cognitive disabilities
- learn and practice skills and techniques to run inclusive meetings.
Email or visit the Voice at the Table website
To request a tailored session for your department / portfolio:
Contact Paul Malavisi, Senior Project Officer, Office for Disability by phoning 9096 8218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org