We love December, that time of year when we all get our giving pants on! This year we’ve come up with a unique list of presents that’ll be sure to bowl your loved ones over.
After scouring the coast and the valley, read on for our ‘uniquely Tweed’ gift list, but beware it is but a snippet of all the great things happening in this neighbourhood…
- Snorkel with the turtles – Watersports Guru, Cook Island, Fingal
Just a 15-minute boat ride from Fingal Beach and you can be immersed in a green turtle natural habitat, swim amongst an array of marine life including clown fish, dolphins, whales and turtles- $99 per person https://watersportsguru.com/snorkelling/
- Bam Bam – bottle of the finest spiced rum from Husk Distillers, Tumbulgum
Downtown Tumbulgum is about to get a whole lot spicier, with the opening of Husk Distillery early 2019. In the meantime, grab a bottle of their finest award winning agricole spiced rum Bam Bam, made with local botanicals its sure to put the zing in your xmas.- $79 from https://www.huskdistillers.com/shop/spiced-bam-bam
- Organic Eucalyptus bed linen – The Beach People, Tweed Heads
The ocean loving sisters from Kingscliff ‘The Beach People’ not only do the most exquisite round towels, they are now stocking eucalyptus bed linen, smoother than silk and a more sustainable option to other fabrics. Prices start from $118 https://thebeachpeople.com.au/products/eucalyptus-sheet-set-white
- Halcyon Spa & Hammam Steam – Halcyon House, Cabarita
We all love a day spa and this one is adjacent to the stunning Halcyon House, so lunch post treatment is a must. The spa is in true European style complete with a Turkish hammam steam room, treatments start from $100 https://halcyonhouse.com.au/halcyon-spa/
From locally crafted beers, to river cruises to contemporary art spaces, the Tweed is the place to stay, play and shop this xmas.
Want more ideas?
5. The Old Dairy – bed & breakfast, Mavis’s Kitchen, Wollumbin Mt Warning
6. Take a free tour of Margaret Olley Art Centre & lunch voucher Art Gallery Cafe – Tweed Regional Gallery, Murwillumbah
7. Bombay Cricketers Club – Sri Lankan inspired dinner voucher, Salt Village
8. Rainforest Cruise around Stotts Island – Mt Warning Tours, Tumbulgum
9. High Tea & Garden of Light tour – Flutterbies Café, Tyalgum
10. Cloudcatcher xmas beer pack & tasting tour, Stone & Wood Murwillumbah
You know what they say ‘Think Global & Act Local’, for all things distinctly Tweed, happy holidays. The Tweed gift ideas are endless, and for all that holiday inspiration and to unearth exciting experiences, head to www.visitthetweed.com.au