A one day workshop with Dr Kate Owen exploring how you can support families experiencing significant trauma.
Dr Owen is a Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Family Therapist and is the author of the popular Keep Calm Cards.
During this workshop you will:
- Understanding distress reactions and their effect on family dynamics
- Understand how stress and reactivity is contagious
- Explore the implications of stress on professionals
- Look at strategies to sustain professionals in their practice
- Learn strategies to help clients calm the body and mind
This workshop is based on the following underlying disciplines; Interpersonal Neurobiology, Systems Theory, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Trauma-Informed Practice.