This is a series of workshops to teach an original Fusion Bellydance choreography by Malika, for the song “Flower” by Raaginder. (Video posted in Facebook event)
This is an Advanced Beginner Level choreography, so it won’t be quite as slow paced as my Foundations Beginner classes, but it is open to all level dancers. Complete beginners welcome!
The intention is to build on each workshop slowly so all students know this piece off by heart at the end.
The class will include breakdowns and drills of individual movements, patterns and the choreography at a pace that is easy to digest for all. This gives the more experienced dancers the chance to master this choreography and beginners the chance to learn the movements and the piece over the series (although home practice is highly recommended for all, especially if mastery is your goal).
Over the course of the series there will also be explanations and exercises on various techniques such as liquid movement and creating the slow motion effect, so each dancer has the chance to download the full expression of this piece into their body.
Sunday October 15th 3:00-6:00pm
Friday November 10th 5:00-8:00pm
Friday December 8th 5:00-8:00pm
Sunday January 14th 3:00-6:00pm
(Please note: there may be further dates added depending on the progress of the group).
Earlybird $65 (available up to 2 weeks before each workshop)
Full Price $75
Option to pay via Bank Transfer if you’d like to pay without booking fees. Contact Malika to request bank details.
Free Flow Yoga & Health studio Murwillumbah
ABOUT MALIKA & FUSION BELLYDANCE
This contemporary expression of Bellydance is powerful, sensual and mesmerising. With slow snake-like movements and hypnotising hip rhythms, gateways to healing are opened through sacral activation and embodied presence.
Bellydance invites one in to the delicious realms of femininity & sensuality, enabling deeper attunement to the inner landscape and the language of the body. These movements can be a tool to one’s embodiment journey as the polarity between flow and discipline, feminine and masculine, play out in each dancer.
Having journeyed deep into the underworld of her own shadows, Malika’s movement experience expands beyond linear knowledge and the 10+ years she’s been bellydancing.
After decades living in a paralytic fear of being seen, overwhelming shame and total disconnection from the heart and body, Malika found her way onto a deep healing path which immediately became intricately entwined with her Bellydance journey.
Malika’s experience in trauma and mental health have inspired her gentle & compassionate facilitating style; and her devotion to personal evolution via presence & embodiment is woven throughout her Bellydance offerings. Malika utilizes her deep connection to music, rhythm & the energetics of sound to create a mindfully curated musical journey of neo-beats that is in synch with each of her unique expressions of the dance.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
– No refunds for workshop cancellations, however tickets can be resold/transferred to another person if for some reason you cannot attend.
– Credits given for cancellations made within 2 weeks of the event only.
– Dance classes can involve risk of personal injury. While Malika takes all reasonable care in the conduct of her classes, she accepts no responsibility for injury or loss caused during classes or whilst participants are at or near the dance studio. You are responsible for ensuring that you are physically and mentally fit for the class, and during the class you must at all times take care of your own personal safety.
– It is your responsibility to advise Malika of any injuries or health conditions prior to attendance, whereby she may recommend you get medical clearance for attending the workshop.
– If you do participate in this workshop with any kind of medical condition, you do so at your own risk. If you’re not sure if you can participate in this workshop with your medical condition/injury, it is recommended that you contact Malika to discuss.
Purchasing a ticket to this workshop and attending is considered a commitment to these terms & conditions.
$65 – $75 AUD + BF