Immersive Hands-on Learning in Seating and Mobility Assessment and Translating the Findings into Product Solutions
ILS Seating Education Series:
The ILS Rehab (Configured Mobility) and Community Care teams offer a holistic, comprehensive approach and product range to meet your clients’ needs.
Our clinical team is made up of occupational therapists and highly experienced product specialists. Guest speakers are industry experts from our manufacturer partners and their specialist knowledge complements our clinical expertise.
This hands-on two-day seminar offers the opportunity to:
Day One – August 10, 2022
All Things Seating Assessment and Seating Solutions
- Learn and practice MAT evaluation skills
- Translate the assessment findings into product parameters
- Understand and apply biomechanical principles related to the seated posture
- Develop critical thinking skills based on case scenarios
- Apply evidenced based -knowledge to product selection and equipment set- up
- Develop clinical documentation and justification skills for successful applications.
Day Two – August 11, 2022
All Things Mobility Solutions
- Differentiate models of manual wheelchairs and key adjustment that affect seated posture and functional mobility
- Describe clinical reasoning between the different power wheelchair drive configurations with consideration to the person’s body and weight distribution, and environmental navigation.
- Learn to assess and differentiate between power assist for manual wheelchairs and how to match your client to the product options.
All sessions will contribute to CPD points.
This is an annual event that we run in the major cities and regions we serve.
Seats are limited.