Guest Speaker will be Major Matina Jewell (retired). Matina grew up in the Byron Bay region and joined the Army at age 17. During her 15-year military career Matina:
– Served on five missions earning nine military & war medals
– Is the only Australian to receive two Republic of Lebanon war medals for acts of bravery
– Completed the physically demanding Navy divers’ course
– Served with American Navy Seals
– Tracked-down warlords in the Solomon Islands
– Fast-roped from helicopters and boarded smuggler ships in the Arabian Gulf, and
– Was posted as a peacekeeper with the United Nations in Syria and Lebanon.
Medically retired from injuries sustained during the 2006 Lebanon War; Matina served on the Prime Ministerial Advisory Council, was featured on the ABC’s Australian Story, is a best-selling author and her life story has been optioned as a possible feature film.
Tickets strictly limited.
1 Bells Boulevard, Kingscliff NSW 2487