Join us for a free NaturallyGC workshop
Every year between May and October thousands of humpback whales visit the Gold Coast shorelines. The Gold Coast waters provide shelter for whales to rest and socialise.
Join us to learn all about our gentle giants, their behaviours, migration and challenges. This workshop will provide insights into the latest whale research, how to undertake marine mammal monitoring and learning to identify individual whales through a visual presentation.
Together we will complete a land-based survey, explore the unique features of flukes and how artificial intelligence keeps track of our whales. This workshop is run by whale researchers who enjoy sharing their knowledge.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU REGISTER
- Suitable for adult learning age 12 and above. Not suitable for young children.
- Each attendee must secure a ticket and be registered to be able to attend
- Further event details including location information provided within email confirmation as you scroll down
- This workshop has both an indoor and outdoor component
- We are unable to accept large group bookings or vacation care groups.
Presented by Humpbacks and High-rises
Supported by Division 14 Cr Gail O’Neill.
Looking for further information?
View answers to our Frequently Asked Questions regarding event location details, ticket registrations, age limits, group bookings, event capacities and more.