This workshop is designed to teach you the FOUNDATION skills of basketry that will enable you to create a beautiful small trinket dish made from natural raffia in 3.5 hours. From there, you will have the knowledge and confidence to create bigger pieces such as bowls and baskets.
You will learn:
• How to make a starting circle
• One simple, strong stitching technique
• How to change colours
• How to grow and shape your dish
• How to finish off
You will be provided with:
• A bundle of hand-dyed and high quality coloured Raffia for the outer core (choose colours when booking – EARTH, OCEAN, DESERT, NEUTRAL)
• Natural Raffia for the inner core
• Tapestry Needle
• Clearly written instructions with photographs
• Light refreshments
Workshops are held undercover in the M-Arts Precinct (Murwillumbah) on a long table outside Bunny & Fig (closest entry is Brisbane St). Class sizes are small (Maximum of 8 students) to ensure personalised attention. Lisa Robertson, creator of Funky Bunny Designs will be your instructor.