Stormbirds is a small group program that is based on the belief that change, loss and grief are a normal and natural part of life. It provides children and young people who have lived through a natural disaster the opportunity to examine the impact of this experience on their lives.
This one day training prepares you to be able to be a Companion so that you can facilitate the Stormbirds four session program and work with children in a safe and creative way.
The program explores the following themes:
- Supports young people in understanding and managing the changes they experience as a result of a natural disaster
- Assists young people in understanding that their reactions associated with a natural disaster are normal
- Develops skills for coping, problem solving and decision making
- Builds a peer support network
- Helps restore self-confidence and self-esteem processes